Dedicated to Working Holidaymakers and people willing to immigrate

Wednesday, 6 May 2009

How can I work in the UK

To work in the U.K you are required to be a U.K citizen, or an EC/EEA national. Commonwealth citizens and foreign national with no restrictions on their stay in the United Kingdom may also work subject to visa status.

Husbands, wives and dependant children under 18, or people who hold a work permit or certificate of sponsorship, may not need an individual certificate of sponsorship as long as the visa in their passport places no restriction on their employment in the U.K.

If you do not meet any of these criteria, then you will require a Certificate of Sponsorship or authorisation from the Home Office, e.g. Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 4 or Tier 5 visa etc.

Certificates of Sponsorship can only be issued for skilled posts (must be at a minimum level of NVQ or SVQ level 3) as listed within the Occupation Codes of Practice under the Sponsored Skilled Workers Tier of the Points Based System. Most administrative, clerical and manual type roles do not meet the skills level to satisfy this criteria/requirement.

In addition, the migrant worker must reach the Tier 2 points requirements before the Certificate of Sponsorship can be issued.

Extracted from UK Border Agency

*Information is extracted from other web site for self reference only. We are not responsible for any material posted. You can file a complaint here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Searching any post in our Websites?